The Bank of Fairport bank history
The Bank of Fairport was originally located in the west room of J.B. Robinson's store on the north side of the street in Fairport. Eventually, the bank purchased a lot across the street and North of the hotel from Ed Daniels and a new building was erected on this site in 1914. This building burned in 1936 forcing the bank to be moved back to the Robinson building while another building was erected on the remaining foundation. This building underwent extensive remodeling in 1971 with the addition a new board room and vault with safety deposit boxes. In 1980 the second addition was built on the north side of the existing facility. This included an office for the Cashier, larger board room, and a computer room. This addition was then remodeled in 1992 to provide an additional office and a kitchenette.
On December 31, 1992 The Bank of Fairport purchased the former Mercantile bank building located at 401 West Main in Maysville, Missouri. This building was erected in 1983 by the Lawhon Construction Company and operated by The First Bank of DeKalb County - Stewartsville until 1988, when they merged with The Belt American Bank. Belt American then merged with American National in 1990 and was consequently bought out by Mercantile in 1992. The Bank of Fairport opened for business on January 11, 1993 at the Maysville location.
In the Fall of 2002, the bank received a petition from the Osborn community with 290 signatures, supporting the request for a bank in Osborn. On April 14, 2003, the Board of Directors of The Bank of Fairport approved a resolution to submit an application to establish a branch in Osborn. Approval for this branch was granted by the FDIC on June 3, 2003 and the bank started the process of acquiring land from the city of Osborn and the Lincoln/Anderson American Legion Post #169. Construction of a new branch facility was completed in the Fall of 2004. The Osborn branch of The Bank of Fairport was opened as a full service facility on October 25, 2004.
In November of 2004, The Bank of Fairport was presented with an opportunity to purchase the Clarksdale facility from UMB Bank. On August 12, 2005, the Missouri Division of Finance granted permission to The Bank of Fairport to establish a full service branch at 202 North Main Street in Clarksdale, Missouri. This branch facility opened for business on September 23, 2005.